Sunday, June 24, 2012

Some Quick Links From the Week

I was sorta AWOL last week, sorry. But I did get a chance to check out some important links for you guys.


Thanks to Tom for sharing this with me: "The Only Good Abortion is My Abortion" by Maggie Koerth-Baker.


Zerlina over at Feministing wrote on the new White House PSA on domestic violence: 1is2many. Favorite part:
The reality is that so many of us have experienced both violence and the societal blame that follows and in some ways it’s the latter that is more hurtful and damaging long term. This ad is a monumental step in changing the narrative around who should receive all of the blame for violence – the person committing it – and it helps put everyone else on notice that it is our collective responsibility to support and speak up for and with survivors brave enough to tell their stories.


Anne-Marie Slaughter wrote "Why Women Still Can't Have it All" for the Atlantic. If you haven't read it yet, get off my blog and go read it now! I mean that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment